Tuesday, May 9, 2017

U.P. Michigan Association of Computer Users in Learning (MACUL)

UP MACUL was pretty great!  I got to catch up with a few friends I haven't seen in a while, listened to a great keynote speaker, Leslie Fisher, and was able to present on Twitter.

Two of my friends were Kingsford Alumni and we taught together at L'Anse.  Another friend taught with me at L'Anse before moving back to his hometown of Crystal Falls.  It was nice to see them again.  Too much time passes between meetings like that.




Leslie Fisher is from California and travels the country speaking to educators about technology. She took us through a, "Technology Time Machine" which was educational and funny.  I tweeted her a picture of my ORIGINAL Nintendo Entertainment System after the conference.  Favorite games: Super Mario Brothers (Obviously), Silent Service (It's a submarine game), and Top Gun.  I have it hooked up to my big TV right now....I just wish my Zapper gun worked....
Follow her on Twitter.



I presented on Twitter in a session called, "Twitter for Non-Tweeters."  I feel like twitter is one of those tools that is continually thrown at teachers as a, "YOU MUST USE THIS!!" but then it turns out to be "one more thing" that gets forgotten about. My biggest points were that it's  a quick and easy way to share what's going on in the classroom and a GREAT way to get some professional development, 140 characters at a time.  Educational chats are pretty fun to take part in. #TOSAChat is one that I have participated in.

As an added bonus....some of my Kingsford teacher friends photobombed my house during lunch.
Crazy kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment